No medical cover is a serious risk to your health and finances. We help you with affordable medical aid comparison quotes to find the best cover for your needs. For budgets under R1200pm we recommend affordable health insurance* at only R250pm as an excellent alternative to the risk of no cover at all
- Detailed quote directly compares 11 medical aids with different costs and benefits.
- Our medical aid comparison quotes and un-biased expert recommendations ensure you get the best benefits for your needs at the most affordable monthly rate
- Affordable health insurance* option provides R200k cover per year including R200k dread disease, accidental disability & accidental death cover.
- Health insurance* is an affordable option and requires no paperwork, physical examinations and you are guaranteed acceptance
- Get paid out directly with health insurance* which can cover non-medical expenses such as loss of income or other situations
- We make sure you get the best cover no matter your budget or unique needs
Important: If your preferred premium budget is below R1000 per month we recommend the affordable health insurance option.
Gap cover covers any payout gaps in your existing medical aid and protects you from unexpected medical expenses
Recommended for those who want the most comprehensive type of medical cover available in South Africa. This can cost from R1200pm at the low range to over R2000pm or more.
Medical aids must cover Prescribed Minimum Benefits and are regulated under the medical schemes act. This means all schemes must cover certain minimum benefits.
It does not offer types of personal cover such as disability or dread disease, like health insurance* does, and you are never paid out directly or have the ability to use the funds for other purposes.
Consider combining an affordable medical aid policy with health insurance* to cover any payout gaps in your medical aid and ensure great overall cover for an affordable overall cost
Health insurance* is an affordable insurance policy that providers R200 000 per year cover which includes non medical expenses. It provides up to R20 000 lump sum for stays longer than 72 hours and a daily cash amount of up to R2000 per day for stays longer than 10 days. This covers up to 4 children at no extra cost.
Also included is R200k cover for dread disease, accidental disability and accidental death as well as a maternity benefit.
*Please note: It is insurance cover that pays out to you directly and can be used to cover non-medical expenses as a result of hospitalisation.
**This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not the same as that of a medical scheme. This policy is not a substitute for medical scheme membership.