Save money comparing 11 medical aids & affordable health insurance*
We try to make sure any South African can afford to get covered. By comparing multiple medical aid quotes as well as health insurance*, you can find the solution that's perfect for you in cost and benefits
- Detailed quote directly compares 11 medical aids with different costs and benefits.
- Our medical aid comparison quotes and un-biased expert recommendations ensure you get the best benefits for your needs at the most affordable monthly rate
- Affordable health insurance* option provides R200k cover per year including R200k dread disease, accidental disability & accidental death cover.
- Health insurance* is an affordable option and requires no paperwork, physical examinations and you are guaranteed acceptance
- Get paid out directly with health insurance* which can cover non-medical expenses such as loss of income or other situations
- We make sure you get the best cover no matter your budget or unique needs
Medical aids compared:
Full Medical Aid - From R1200pm
Recommended for those who want the most comprehensive type of medical cover available in South Africa. This can cost from R1200pm at the low range to over R2000pm or more.
Medical aids must cover Prescribed Minimum Benefits and are regulated under the medical schemes act. This means all schemes must cover certain minimum benefits.
It does not offer types of personal cover such as disability or dread disease, like health insurance* does, and you are never paid out directly or have the ability to use the funds for other purposes.
Consider combining an affordable medical aid policy with health insurance* to cover any payout gaps in your medical aid and ensure great overall cover for an affordable overall cost
Health Insurance - From R250pm
Health insurance* is an affordable insurance policy that providers R200 000 per year cover which includes non medical expenses. It provides up to R20 000 lump sum for stays longer than 72 hours and a daily cash amount of up to R2000 per day for stays longer than 10 days. This covers up to 4 children at no extra cost.
Also included is R200k cover for dread disease, accidental disability and accidental death as well as a maternity benefit.
*Please note: It is insurance cover that pays out to you directly and can be used to cover non-medical expenses as a result of hospitalisation.
**This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not the same as that of a medical scheme. This policy is not a substitute for medical scheme membership.